Good Reasons for Living in Shepherds Bush
Shepherds Bush (which is also written Shepherd’s Bush – the two are interchangeable) is an area of London in England. Situated to the west of central London there are a host of reasons that people choose this area of the nation’s capital as the place to make their home. Here are some of those reasons.
1. The area is well situated for public transport. Shepherds Bush Green is the hub of the local roads and it is therefore a well connected area for buses, on more than a dozen bus routes. There are 5 Underground stations (Shepherd’s Bush, White City, Shepherd’s Bush market, Goldhawk Road and Wood Lane) meaning it is on the Central Line, Circle Line and Hammersmith and City. There is also a new railway station on the West London Line.
2. The residential housing is located west of the Green, and is mostly late nineteenth century (Victorian) three and four storey terraces. These are mainly now divided into apartments, and thus there are some lovely properties available.
3. The area is very cosmopolitan with Australian, pakistani catering london Somali, Polish, New Zealander, West Indian, Syrian, Lebanese, Iranian, Irish, Bangladeshi, Indian and Pakistani communities in the area.
4. The entertainment in the area is varied and well regarded. It includes the Bush Theatre (famous for its promotion of new writers) and the O2 Shepherds Bush Empire music venue. As this area also hosts the BBC television centre, you can do a tour or be part of a live studio audience.
5. Shepherds Bush Market is a locals market, dealing in clothes and household goods, with some genuine bargains available. There is also a selection of produce stalls including fishmongers, butchers and vegetable stalls, some of which cater for the ethnic communities with more exotic items than can be found in a typical supermarket.
6. For the shopaholics, the area also houses London’s largest shopping centre, the Westfield. Opened in 2008, the centre houses 265 stores with Marks and Spencer and House of Fraser acting as the anchor stores. There is also a luxury spa and 14 screen cinema as part of the futuristic designed complex.